Information on Republic of China Visitor Visas
Foreign nationals, who hold ordinary passports or other legal travel documents and who intend to stay in Taiwan for no more than 6 months for the purposes of the following:
- Visit Relatives
- Undertake Visits
- Undertake Inspection Tours
- Attend International Conferences
- Conduct Business
- Pursue Short-Term Study
- Undertake Short-Term Employment
- Undertake Short-Term Missionary Work
- Engage in other activities in the R.O.C.
As approved by M.O.F.A..
- A passport valid for at least 6 months.
- A duty completed application from with two photos taken within the past 6 months.
- An outbound airline ticket or verifiable proof of purchase of steamship ticket.
- Documents verifying the purpose of visit
- Other relevant documents.
- For foreign nationals from the countries with the R.O.C. has entered into reciprocal visa agreements, the validity of their Visitor Visas shall be decided in accordance with these agreements.
- For other foreign nations, a Visitor Visa is generally valid from 3 months up to 1 year.
Duration of Stay
Foreigners from countries with reciprocal visa agreements
For foreign nationals from the countries with which the R.O.C. has entered into reciprocal visa agreements, the visa is issued gratis.
Other foreign nationals
Visitor Visa holders who are permitted to stay in Taiwan for sixty or ninety days and whose visas bear no such remark as “no extension will be granted” may apply at local service centers of the National Immigration Agency for a maximum of 120 or 90 days of extensions.